Mercedes-Benz 220 SE b

At the Geneva Salon in March 1959 several manufacturers showed the new “trapeze line” that Pininfarina had created: BMC with the Austin A 55, Fiat with the models 1800 and 2100 and also Alfa Romeo. Daimler-Benz designed the new body with tail fin under the leadership of the design genius Karl Wilfert. When the car industry media was introduced to the new cars in August 1959 they raved about their understated elegance and its generous spacial design.

Our Mercedes 220 SE b is the top model with the amazing 120 PS injection engine, it was delivered in Italy, was owned by the church in Calabria for a long time and is now registered in Germany. It’s seemingly untouched body is impressive and the fabric of its interior must have been renewed at some point. This classic is distinguished and elegant and original cars of this model series have become rare.

Doors

  • 4

Brakes

  • front: disc
  • rear: drum

Steering

  • LHD

Miscellaneous

  • MATCHING NUMBERS
  • registered

Fuel

  • petrol

Discreet elegance and lots of space